Healthy Xmas Wellbeing BitesDec 02, 2021
These healthy treats will satisfy all your cravings and boost your health at the same time!! Nothing but nutritious goodness in these babies. The dried cranberries and dates are full of fibre vitamin A, B, C, E the list is endless. The cashews are full of protein, good fats, fibre and so many of your essential minerals. One of these balls is wellbeing in a bite. We love them, and straight out of the freezer they will be a perfect summer treat this Christmas.
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Dried Dates
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Put the cranberries and dates in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 2-3 minutes to go soft. Then drain off the water.
- Put the cashew nuts in a food processor and pulse them until they are blitzed into tiny pieces
- Add the soaked cranberries & dates to the food processor, along with the cocoa powder and desiccated coconut. Blitz to form a paste
- Slowly pour in the melted coconut oil, while pulsing the mixture, until it comes together to form a sticky dough
- Roll the dough into small balls and then roll them in coconut to coat the outside. Place on a tray in the freezer for 30minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to eat them