Easy and Delicious Mediterranean Quinoa SaladFeb 18, 2022
Quinoa (keenwa) is a powerful superfood and so easy to cook. Even if you have never gone near this gorgeous grain before don't be scared. It's just like rice ...double the quantity of water to quinoa and boil for around 15 minutes. Leave to absorb and steam and then fluff with a fork. Simple and so nutritious. One of the only foods to contain all 9 essential amino acids...a protein powerhouse along with fibre, iron and calcium. Low in calories and sodium you cant really go past it !!
What you will need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup cucumber (diced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (diced)
- Red onion (diced and soaked in squirt of lemon juice to reduce taste)
- 8 button mushrooms (diced)
- 1 courgette (diced)
- Big handful baby spinach (chopped)
- Crumbled feta
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
What to do:
- Rinse quinoa and put it in a pot with water. Bring to the boil and cook for around 20 minutes until you can see the tails. Leave to cool.
- Saute diced courgettes and mushrooms in a frypan with a drizzle of olive oil until starting to brown and put in a small bowl to cool.
- Put cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, spinach and feta in a large salad bowl and dress with olive oil and vinegar.
- Add cooled courgettes and mushrooms.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and add to other ingredients.
- Combine well and serve warm or cold.