Roast Vege and Quinoa SaladOct 22, 2021
Quinoa is a fantastic grain. Full of fibre and protein it is one of natures superfoods and super easy to cook. Just add twice as much water as quinoa to a pot and boil until water nearly gone then turn the stove off, put the lid on and let it steam for 5-10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and that's all there is to it!! Made into a tasty salad with healthy veges it ticks all the boxes. If you haven't tried this it is definitely worth the effort. I often just put everything into a bowl when ready and stir in the dressing. A great low fuss lunch!!
What you need:
- 1 cup cooked and cooled Quinoa
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 200g mushrooms, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- 100g feta
- Baby salad leaves (use as many as you like)
What to do:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- Place the chopped vegetables and garlic on a baking sheet. Add rosemary, salt and pepper and toss with olive oil and vinegar so that vegetables are evenly coated and bake for 18-20 minutes or until carrots are tender, tossing halfway through the baking time.
- Add roasted vegetables to quinoa and toss to combine and serve salad over greens.
- Top with almonds and goat cheese.
- Serve warm or chilled.