High in fibre and jam-packed full of nutrients, you are doing so much good for your insides by devouring these baby's! Supporting your immune system and looking after your gut, these really must become a regular on your menu!
So yum and so healthy, they really are the BESTEST BEAN BURGERS!
What you need:
- 2 x 400g kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 100g rolled oats
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- small bunch coriander (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 200g jar salsa or tomato relish
- 150ml low-fat unsweetened natural yogurt
- juice ½ lime
- 6 whole-meal burger buns (for GF option We love Hemp and Rosemary buns from Gluten Freedom)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- salad leaves
- red cabbage (sliced)
- 3 radishes (sliced)
- Heat grill to high. Tip the beans into a large bowl, then roughly crush with a potato masher. Add the rolled oats, chilli powder, chopped coriander stalks and ½ the leaves, egg and 2 tablespoons salsa, season to taste, then mix together well with a fork.
- Divide the mixture into 6, then wet your hands and shape into burger patties.
- Grill on high for 4-5 minutes each side until crispy and golden.
- While the burgers are in the oven, mix the remaining coriander leaves with the yoghurt in a bowl and add the lime juice and a good grind of black pepper.
- Split the buns in half and spread the bases with some of the yoghurt. Top each bun with salsa, a bean burger, a dollop of lime yoghurt, avocado, onion, red cabbage, radishes another dollop of the lime yoghurt and serve. You can totally freewheel the toppings and dressings to make your perfect burger. Have fun!!
So yum and so healthy, we hope you love them as much as we do!